- Provide secretariat services to the National Executive Council (NEC);
- Provide secretariat services to Committee of the NEC;
- Receive submission to the NEC and to ensure their compliance with procedures of the NEC;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of NEC decisions; and
- Perform other functions as are determined by the NEC or as specified in any law.
- To provide the Prime Minister, Minister and the National Executive Council with high quality and timely policy, legislative and management advise in relation to PNG Vision 2050 National Plan;
- To lead the Public Sector through an effective Whole-of-Government approach to coordinate policy development and monitor implementation; and
- To provide effective and efficient corporate and other support services to the Prime Minister, the Governor General, the National Executive Council, Ministers, Ministerial Committees and the Department.