- Responsible for effective delivery of professional systems compliance services to the Department through the annual internal audit plan;
- Review systems and operations to assess the extent to which organizational objectives are achieved and adequacy of controls over the activities leading to such achievement;
- Evaluate the relevance and integrity of management and financial information to assess reliability of such reports;
- Ascertain the extent of compliance with established business processes and procedures;
- Recommend improvements in procedures and systems to prevent waste, extravagance and fraud;
- Ensure compliance with PFMA and PSMA and applicable laws and regulations;
- Conduct any ad hoc investigations, regulations and reviews as requested by senior management and Audit Committee; and
- Develop and institute strategic and operational plans, policies and procedures to enhance risk management.
- To provide effective and efficient corporate and other support services to the Prime Minister, the Governor General, the National Executive Council, Ministers, Ministerial Committees, and the Department.