Economic & Resource Sector
- Provide advice and up-to-date information on all major issues related to major economic and sustainable development;
- Provide analysis, assessment and advice on large development projects include mining, fisheries, forestry, infrastructure, agriculture, trade & investment, commerce & industry (SME, informal sector) SOEs, transport and land matters;
- Provide oversight monitoring and assessment on the implementation of the Recurrent and Development Budget in liaison with Department of Treasury, Finance and National Planning;
- Maintain up to date information on the performance of both budget and advice Chief Secretary; and
- Coordinate development policy on climate change and mitigation, issue on environment biodiversity and sustainability, impact and mitigation on food security and production, carbon trade, REDD initiative and related issues.
- To provide the Prime Minister, Ministers, and the National Executive Council with high quality and timely policy, legislation, and management advice in relation to National Development Plans.