Office of Legislative Council
- Prepare all Government legislation, both primary (Acts) and secondary (Regulations) initial and amending for presentation to Parliament;
- Prepare subordinate legislation and instruments (Gazettal notices, Determinations, Proclamations, etc) related to legislation;
- Institute arrangements for the printing of the revised laws and the continued editorial work on the Revised Edition of Laws; and
- Advice and/or draft legislation for Provincial and Local Level Governments.
- To provide the Prime Minister, Ministers and the National Executive Council with high quality and timely policy, legislative, and management advice in relation to National Plans.
- To lead the Public Sector through an effective Whole-of-Government approach to coordination of policy development and implementation monitoring.
- To provide effective and efficient corporate and other support services to the Prime Minister, the Governor-General, the National Executive Council, Ministers, Ministerial Committees and the Department.